Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Comics Assignment Week 3

Krazy Kat 
While reading the Krazy Kat comic strips, what I found most interesting was the format:
1. Some of the strips in which I read had panels with no spacing in between, but were divided irregularly. (Example Below)
2. I found some experimentation with the use of ellipses-although I am not sure whether it is common for that time. (Example Below)
3. Use of narration was interesting was interesting-it almost seemed like a moving picture book.
 It also seemed with some of the drawings, some of the Krazy Kat strips were not in  perspective, while others were in perspective.
The language was a bit hard to understand as the creator mostly used slang with apostrophe's in the dialogue at times, seemed quite varied, and the stories seemed to be mostly about Krazy Kat doing it again. Either way, it was interesting to look at.



t.

Nemo and the Ice Palace in Slumberland
I personally liked the surrealistic element of Nemo's dreams. It gave the creator the ability to add awesome things such as Giants, and to allow Nemo to be trapped in things such as storms. It was also interesting to note that Nemo always woke up with something in relation to the dream such as being scared of tumbling water (as with the storm).

Other than that stylistic elements I liked were:
-The simplistic drawing
-Simple colors (it was such you could see the grain of the paper)

Although one thing I didn't like was the episodic nature of strip in which Nemo always woke up, it was such I couldn't remember most of the contents of the story (or maybe it was me not being clear about the contents of the story.)

A Right to be Hostile: The Boondocks Treasury 
I found the main character Huey quite interesting and the way they tackle racial issues actually hilarious, I did not find the comic-strip controversial at all (in my opinion). The way that Huey talks with Jazmine I especially find hilarious, with Huey's witty sense of humor in regards to his skin-color. Either way I like how Michael Moore deals with things in such a manner, it's important that people read stuff like this to be aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment